Effective Date: March 9, 2020
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
Information We Collect^ top
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at one of our counters, stores, on our site, our social media platforms, or at one of our events. When you visit this site, we also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide^ top
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, at our counters or in our stores. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments)
How We Use The Information^ top
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means^ top
When you visit this site, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Technologies We Use^ top
Cookies,Web Server Logs and Web Beacons^ top
- Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.To edit your cookie settings, click here:
- In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services^ top
- We may use third party web analytics services on this site, such as those of Coremetrics and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site.
- The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website.
- use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of Coremetrics to analyze your browsing activities on this site.
- To learn more about Coremetrics, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site, please click here.
- To disable the Google Analytics cookie, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means^ top
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalized content, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share^ top
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions.
- We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices^ top
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Estée Lauder South Africa by clicking here.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask Estée Lauder South Africa to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
Text Message Opt-Out
You can ask us to stop sending text messages to a particular phone by using that phone to text the word STOP - the service provider handling our Text Message marketing communications will in turn notify us of your choice for update, and you will be opted-out from further communications in our database. You also can request that we refrain from sending you text messages by contacting us as indicated below.
YYou may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Transfers^ top
How We Protect Personal Information^ top
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites^ top
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us^ top
Estée Lauder Online C/S Department
PO Box 786132